We’re looking for a talented and experienced data engineer to join our growing data group and take part in building the data infrastructure and internal products that are at the very core of everything we do. We are a data-driven company, utilizing vast amounts of data from various sources to generate actionable insights and decisions that drive all aspects of our business.
- Design, develop and own Spott’s big data infrastructure – building pipelines to store, process, and structure large datasets that form the basis of all of our products.
- Independently design, build and launch new ETL processes in production.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and data scientists to translate business needs into technological solutions that drive meaningful insights.
- Champion our efforts around data integrity & monitoring. Identify gaps in data consumption processes and help resolve them.
- Provide analysts and data scientists with technical support related to data infrastructure.
- At least 2 years experience with data engineering in Python (or equivalent) & SQL.
- Experience with data processing workflows, ETLs, database management and schema design.
- Experience with cloud services for data processing & analytics (preferably AWS – EMR, Glue, Redshift, Kinesis, etc.)
- Experience building and shipping production-grade software or services.
- Experience working alongside Data Science / Analytics teams, and familiarity with Data Science practices and tools – a big advantage.
- BSc or MSc in a technical field (preferably Computer Science) or equivalent industry experience – an advantage.